Saturday, November 19, 2005

First Day at Work. 好似打完仗返來咁啊﹗(Feels like I just returned from battle!)

Well, almost J.I actually enjoyed myself. I feel blessed. To have met some nice people on my first day. And that everything generally went okay, save a few reprimands by a supervisor, despite my initial woes. In short, it was 5 hours of continuous walking (more like dodging my way thru the meandering, narrow gaps between the tables) between the kitchen and my tables (tough luck that I got two at a far end). But I’d say movin around was the hardest bit, also the time when I served the main course – ‘tis how it was supposed to work : we were not to serve our own tables as we normally do, but just get the dishes from kitchen and ask our respective supervisors which table we should serve every time we come out with dishes. The problem : I had difficulty spotting my supervisor (wasn’t the only one in my group with tis prob) – none too pleasant when you have three hot n heavy plates of roast duck breast between your fingers *ouch*. Met a nice girl from Guangxi China, a Greek guy and a Spanish girl who lives in my hall (most of the agency’s employees are foreign, ie. non-Brit). And Spanish guys are good-lucking lar! Haha, at least the two I saw at work tonight… Like, dark, structured features. Think Raoul! Oh, and, I managed to nick two chocolates from what remained of the petits fours. Also, tis job’s good exercise for lazy me >.< Works my arm and leg muscles!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

2:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home