Saturday, November 05, 2005

Writing amidst brewing warfare...

... or what sounds like it rather. It’s really people burning fireworks like nobody’s business ‘cos of the Hari Raya celebrations. I can really hear bursts of explosives from practically all directions! As my room is on the top floor, am able to catch glimpses of the fireworks – I’m totally Fascinated with fireworks, so I do look out for them. But there’s nothing like watching them from where they are extinguished, watchin the flames fall down like rain… Lookin forward to 初八 (Eight Day) of Chinese New Year celebrations in Genting next next year already!
Have been experiencing a recurring sense of déjà vu the past two days. Or maybe the term déjà vu is not accurate…. Lying in bed just before I fell asleep last night, images of Ipoh city were flashing through my mind. The feeling of standing on the five-foot way of a pre-war shophouse… and memories came flooding back : driving past the older part of Ipoh with my family, visiting a roadside tong sui stall with parents when I was much younger. Yup I’m homesick. What a shame that I won’t be goin back this Christmas… *SIGH*
I’ve finally managed to get my ass off the bed (only figuratively – I’m still sitting on it >.<) and my eyes off 酒店风云 (Revolving Doors, a TVB series about hotel management), to start work on my essay, which is sadly due on Monday.

Revolving Doors is a pretty good series by the way. Well worth a watch for its intriguing plot. Although the scenes of corporate struggle pale in comparison to those in At The Threshold of an Era, it’s still good. But Ron Ng Cheuk Hei could be a better actor. I’m currently also addicted to its theme song, 心機 (Sum Gai – Scheming) by Hakken Lee. But I find the end credits song, 别怪他 by Ron mildly irritating, mainly ‘cos of the repetitive chorus.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home